Just a little bit of chocolate heaven conveniently packaged all in one little cupcake recipe. Well, a regular sized cupcake recipe but that’s not really what’s important here. What is important is this amazing frosting loaded with chocolate sandwich cookies that tops these deliciously moist chocolate cupcakes.
The secret: making sure the ingredients are well incorporated to make the frosting fluffy and light and infused with cookies n cream goodness. And if you are pressed for time, don’t worry. You can simply skip making the cupcakes from scratch and instead whip up a batch using your favorite devil’s food cake mix. Regardless of which route you go, just make sure you use your silicone baking cups! They will make your final product taste so much better (just kidding, it really wont but it will make your life a lot easier)! And don’t forget a cup of milk to wash it down with.
Cookies N Cream Cupcake
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 45 minutes Makes: 24 cupcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 3¾ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 chocolate sandwich cookies, ground finely
- 1 pkg mini chocolate sandwich cookies (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees, line a muffin tin with silicone baking cups and set aside.
- Sift all dry ingredients with the sugar into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the vegetable oil, milk, eggs and vanilla then stir until completely incorporated.
- Add boiling water and mix carefully until completely combined—the batter will be thin.
- Fill the baking cups about ⅔ full and bake for 12−15 minutes until centers are firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow them to cool completely before applying the frosting.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the icing by beating the cream cheese and butter together until they are combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla then mix until the sugar is completely incorporated and no lumps remain. Stir in the ground cookies, but reserve about 2 Tbsp to sprinkle over the top, if you would like. Otherwise, stir them all into the frosting.
- Once everything is incorporated, cover the frosting with plastic wrap until you’re ready to frost the cupcakes.
- When the cupcakes are completely cool, spread or pipe the frosting over each cupcake, place a mini cookies in the frosting as garnish and enjoy!
Awеsome! Its genuinely remarkable post, I hve got much clear іea cօnerning from this parаgraph.